Diving into one of the minds of HomeSavs creative team; Ben Coles, who always brings a whimsical fun flavour to the graphics you see appearing in HomeSav ads, Facebook time lines and company branding. Fresh from design school, Ben the jokester provides the team with new eyes to the latest and greatest in the graphic design world! Enjoy reading about Bens top 10!

Q1:
Whos style inspires you?

Graphic/Artistic style? One of my favourite movies is Exit Through the Gift Shop. If you havent seen it, you should defiantly watch it. Its about the street artist Banksy. If I watch that or even listen to the soundtrack, I am instantly inspired to create art or design. Fashion style inspiration, or lack thereof comes from my subscription to GQ and Esquire. My dcor style inspiration comes from the Ikea as is section And of course HomeSav!

Q2:
Where do you find inspiration?

Uh oh, did I already answer that? My inspiration comes from my friends. I would have given up a long time ago if they werent there to push me and keep me motivated. Plus most of my friends are better designers then I am so I have to try to keep up with them

Q3:
What are you listening to?

Florance and the Machines latest album, Ceremonials. Non stop!

Q4:
What is your favourite part of the design process and why?

The reaction on peoples faces when they see the final productWhen they like what they see. Theres nothing like the feeling of finishing a project that you are proud of and that the client loves too.

Q5:
What product on HomeSav.com is exciting you right now?

The Bughouse sale. Check them out. I Love their music inspired pieces. I need the turntable coffee table in my life.

Q6:
What would surprise people about you?

Thats a long a list. I dont think we have time for that.

Q7:
Who is your favourite graphic designer?

I like a lot of indie designers that I find on the internet. I havent really been influenced my many big named graphic designers except for my professors.

Q8:
What are you most proud of?

Leaving business school. I may have been kicked out of business school, but either way Im so glad that Im not doing that anymore.

Q9:
What is your favourite piece of home decor you own?

My bike. It looks great in my apartment, leaning up against the wall. Its hard as a student to find it in the budget to splurge on home dcor. I do however have a very nice, hand built wooden table made by girlfriends grandfather. I dont know what kind of wood its made out of but it has a really dark stain that still lets you see all the imperfections in the wood.

Q10:
What is the best present youve ever received?

The best gift I ever received would probably be my very first mp3 player. It had 64 megabites of memory, which is equivalent to about 14 songs. It was freaking awesome. If you were to ask someone in my family what the best gift I ever received is, they would probably tell you a story about one Christmas when I was given box of clementines. I ran around the house, I was so ecstatic to have a box of clementines that I didnt have to share with my brother or sister. I love eating those every winter

Via: 10 Things You Need To Know About HomeSavs Junior Graphic Designer; Ben Coles