My name is Alysha, and Im one of the new interns for the social media team here at Homesav. Ive just started this week, and Im already learning a variety of new things. My background is in technology and I am green to the world of interior decor I thought Homesav would be an interesting company to intern with because I want learn more about the goings on of a start up company and hone my social media skills. This week, I am in charge of the Twitter account, and I have been updating people that share a common interest or interact with us directly. As well, one of my tasks was to sit in on a Twitter Designer Chat, where professional interior designers would answer and discuss four questions. Heres a bit of what I learned during those 60 minutes:

1. Being green and eco-friendly is essential the design is growing in popularity and it benefits the environment

2. Think of new materials to implement green design try cork and bamboo

3. Using recycled materials adds a ton of character to pieces one person said that their trunk was made out of reclaimed railroad and that it has so much character

Now, bearing in mind these three points, there are always a few obstacles when trying out a new design. The challenge find green materials that are durable and good quality.

It was fun and fascinating working with Twitter, and Im moving into the world of Pinterest next week! Cant wait to explore the world of pinning!

Homesav is thinking about starting their own tweet chat. What type of questions would you like to see discussed?




Via: Learning from the pros: how to overcome being green